Sophos Antivirus is a very much regarded and prominent antivirus app for the Mac. It is accessible as both a free and paid-for app, and is by and large acknowledged to be great at recognizing viruses on your Mac.
Be that as it may, not every person has a requirement for such an application, and Mac OS X is still far less inclined to be contaminated or traded off by an infection than Windows.
You may need to uninstall Sophos from your Mac to free up some memory and diminish your CPU utilization. You’ll by and large find that having less foundation apps, for example, Sophos will enhance the execution of your Mac.
Initial step: endeavor to close down dynamic Sophos Home
Preceding the uninstall, you ought to stop the objective app on the off chance that it is dynamic, generally a mistake message may happen like “the thing can’t be moved to the Trash because it is open”.
Here are various alternatives to stop a running app on macOS/Mac OS X:
- Right tap on the app symbol appearing in Dock and pick Quit;
- Press the Command-Control-Q keystroke to stop the dynamic app;
- Launch Activity Monitor, select any procedure relating to the objective app under the Process Name, at that point click X on the upper left corner, and snap Quit catch.
Most outsider apps can be closed down without inconvenience, yet with regards to antivirus/security programming, things may turn into somewhat troublesome. In our test, the most recent variant of Sophos Home can’t be slaughtered even by the Force Quit in Activity Monitor.
For this situation we can either reboot Mac into Safe Mode to slaughter Sophos Home, or rather, continue to the following stage to check whether we can in any case uninstall Sophos Home from Mac.
Use ‘Uninstall Sophos Home’ Tool
Regularly, Sophos programming accompanies a committed uninstall instrument to enable its users to execute the standard evacuation of Sophos application, and the merchant likewise propose users not to uninstall Sophos Home by essentially dragging the app to the Trash. In the event that you have expelled this app previously, you can download it again to do the uninstallation.
Presently we should perceive how you can use the committed apparatus to expel Sophos Home.
- Open Spotlight, type Remove Sophos Home and tap the thing that appears in result. On the off chance that the app does not appear in Spotlight, you can make a beeline for the Applications folder in Finder to find the app there, and double tap to dispatch the app.
- Tap the Continue catch in the uninstall wizard to begin the procedure.
- Whenever incited, enter your administrator account secret word, and snap OK catch.
- Tap the Close catch to exit out of the wizard when the evacuation is finished.
That is the manner by which to uninstall Sophos Home by using its inherent uninstaller. However it doesn’t help expel some of Sophos parts put away in various framework indexes, and you should manually distinguish those app remains. Read on to take in more.
Remove Sophos for Mac Manually
On the off chance that you have the paid-for business rendition of Sophos AntiVirus (SAV), at that point take after these means to Uninstall Sophos Mac for Business:
The evacuation app for Business/paid-for variants of SAV is situated in this folder:
Watch this activity to discover the Remove Sophos Anti-Virus app for Business/paid variants:
Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Using Terminal on Mac OS X
These directions are for renditions 9.2 and later and should just be used by a Superuser/Administrator. It would be ideal if you take note of that wrong use of the Terminal may cause harm to imperative files.
1. Open Terminal and run the accompanying charge:
2. Run the accompanying charge:
sudo ./InstallationDeployer - expel
Note: You will be provoked for a secret key. This ought to be the watchword of the record used to sign on to the Mac if your user account is an Administrator. The secret word won’t appear on screen when you write it – press enter when you have completed the process of entering it.