GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a free and open-source picture editor app designed for multiple programs including macOS. To set up this software on your Macintosh only have a few clicks to complete, but to uninstall GIMP you will need to pay more fortitude to undergo each necessary step, to ensure a clean, complete removal.
How to Manually Delete GIMP
Trashing an software to erase it works in every versions of Macintosh personal computer OS X. Once installed correctly, most software can be uninstalled by this way. Listed below are the comprehensive steps:
- Launch Finder, check out Applications folder, and locate GIMP folder.
- Right select GIMP icon and choose Proceed to Trash option.
- Check out the Finder menu and choose Clear the Garbage to perform the uninstall.
Warning: Be mindful if you are going to clear the Garbage. This function will instantly remove all the documents you’ve thrown in to the Trash, which is irrevocable. Besides, you can pick to perform this task after trashing all the software leftovers you’ve found.
- If you install an software via Macintosh App Store, you can choose this way to uninstall it:
- Click Launchpad icon in Dock, and type the iphone app name in the search pack at the top.
- Click and contain the software icon in the search consequence, so when the icon begins to jiggle, click on the X that looks in the top left place of GIMP icon.
- Click Delete button in the pop-up dialog to perform the uninstall.
Once you click on the Delete button, GIMP will be instantly taken off the system.
Delete GIMP using the Trash
To begin with, ensure that you log into your Mac pc with an administrator profile, or you’ll be called for a security password when you make an effort to delete something.
Start the Applications folder in the Finder (if it generally does not come in the sidebar, go directly to the Menu Bar, start the “Go” menu, and choose Applications in the list), seek out GIMP request by keying in its name in the search field, and then move it to the Garbage (in the dock) to commence the uninstall process. Otherwise you can also go through the GIMP icon/folder and move it to the Garbage by pressing Cmd + Del or choosing the Record and Proceed to Trash commands.
For the applications that are installed from the App Store, you can merely go directly to the Launchpad, seek out the application form, click and maintain its icon with your mouse button (or carry down the choice key), then your icon will wiggle and show the “X” in its still left upper corner. Click on the “X” and click Delete in the verification dialog.
Remove GIMP Leftovers
- Stop GIMP from Dock Pub or use command+Q shortcut.
- Trash the iphone app from Applications folder.
- Delete these documents 1. Users / <end user> / ~Collection / Program Support / GIMP
- Users / <customer> / ~Catalogue / Saved Request Talk about / org.gnome.gimp.savedState ~ means that document is concealed. Use freeware Funter to carefully turn on hidden documents visibility or use App Clean Reading more here.
- freeware tool to uninstall any software.