Bitdefender for Mac is a product that shields PCs from viruses and other Internet dangers. It gives a 30 day free trial, so most users can without much of a stretch choose to have an attempt and introduce it on their Macs. All things considered, really the choice to ensure a Mac isn’t awful. Be that as it may, if the product sometimes falls short for you for a few reasons and you need to uninstall it, you may confront an issue – it isn’t so natural to uninstall Bitdefender. In the event that you enter the demand “How to uninstall Bitdefender” on Mac, you will see that a ton of users can’t uninstall Bitdefender totally
We have arranged for you itemized instructional exercises of how to uninstall Bitdefender. In any case, to start with, you should realize that the evacuation steps rely upon which adaptation of the antivirus you use.
Since its most recent refresh in June 2017, Bitdefender has changed its assurance framework. An extraordinary watching program has been actualized with Bitdefender, which reestablishes its administration files at whatever point you endeavor to expel them. It has a few ensuring things, which don’t enable the program to be uninstalled totally. Accordingly, any sandboxed uninstalling instrument can’t stop the Bitdefender’s forceful assurance framework. Be that as it may, don’t stress, we have explored this issue and have discovered an answer for you.
Delete Bitdefender Antivirus with Uninstaller
To evacuate Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac, please continue with the accompanying advances:
- Limit any open windows and tap on a void space on the work area
- Tap on Go from the menu bar and select Utilities or press Shift+Command+U.B You can likewise open Finder and go to Applications, at that point Utilities and run the BitdefenderUninstaller.
- On the other hand, tap on Go from the menu bar and select Computer. Go to Macintosh HD > Library > Bitdefender > Central > Agent and run the BitdefenderUninstaller.In the new window that will fly up, tap on Uninstall.
- Affirm the procedure by entering the chairman secret key. The uninstalling will start.
- At the point when the procedure is finished tap on Close. A website page will open requesting that you finish a review. Your input would be tremendously appreciated. In the event that you don’t have sufficient energy, just close the page.
- Go to Macintosh HD > Library and move the Bitdefender folder to Trash. You will be requested the director secret word once more.
- On the off chance that despite everything you have the Bitdefender symbol in Dock, right-tap on it, select Options > Remove from Dock
NOTE: The sweep logs and the Quarantine will be stay at Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Antivirus for Mac. On the off chance that you have vital files that have been isolated, it is important to reinstall Bitdefender with a specific end goal to get them back. Else, you may move to Trash the whole Antivirus for Mac folder.
NOTE: The uninstaller will likewise expel Bitdefender Virus Scanner Plus or Bitdefender Virus Scanner on the off chance that they are introduced on your Mac alongside Antivirus for Mac.
Uninstall Bitdefender Virus Scanner through Launchpad
The most recent form of Bitdefender Virus Scanner can be introduced by means of Mac App Store. In the event that you download this app by means of App Store, it can be effortlessly uninstalled by means of Launchpad.
- Tap the Launchpad symbol in Dock, and find Bitdefender Virus Scanner.
- Hold down the symbol until the point that it starts to shake and show X on the upper left corner.
- Snap Delete fasten in the pop exchange to execute the uninstallation.
- When Bitdefender Virus Scanner disappeared from Launchpad (or/Applications folder in Finder), you ought to have dispose of this app from Mac. In any case, that does not mean the expulsion is finished. You may even now need to do some additional work recorded underneath.
Extra Steps to Delete Bitdefender-Related Leftovers
It is a decent propensity to eradicate invalid app leftovers after you erase an app on Mac. In the event that you don’t know whether you have completely disposed of things relating to Bitdefender Virus Scanner, take after the means underneath to distinguish and find conceivable app remains:
- Open the Finder, make a beeline for the Go menu in Menu Bar, and pick Go to Folder.
- Sort/Library in the container that appears, and hit Enter key to open up the folder.
- Look for the things with the name of Bitdefender in the areas:/Library,/Library/Caches,/Library/Preferences,/Library/ApplicationSupport,/Library/LaunchAgents,/Library/LaunchDaemons,/Library/PreferencePanes,/Library/StartupItems
Regardless of whether you are a Mac amateur or veteran, it is hazard taking to erase files in Library folder. Any mis-task may trigger issues on different apps or even influence framework files. On the off chance that you have no clue how to do it appropriate, here’s a trap to spare some work.
- Sort the name of target app or its seller in Search Bar, and tap on “Library”.
- Distinguish the coordinated things in query items, and expel them to the Trash.
- Presently rehash similar strides to erase every single related remaining in ~Library folder.
- At long last, purge the Trash to erase Bitdefender Virus Scanner remains forever.
It ought to be called attention to that a few files or folders relating to Bitdefender Virus Scanner may even not contain the app name, and that clarifies why you may in any case neglect to discover them out. For the individuals who want to spare inconvenience or time in uninstalling Bitdefender Virus Scanner, the undermentioned arrangement could be a superior decision.
How to Delete BitDefender File Vault
Open BitDefender and tap on ”eye” symbol at that point go to ”see highlights” . At that point under ”file encryption” in the base you will see wheel symbol and tap on that. You will see your drive there which you can choose and erase. At that point you need to restart the Mac.
To deal with your file vaults from the Bitdefender interface, take after these means:
- Open the Bitdefender window.
- Tap the Settings catch on the upper toolbar.
- Snap Privacy Control on the left-side menu and after that the Encryption tab.
The current file vaults appear in the table on the lower some portion of the window. To invigorate the rundown, right-click inside the table and select Refresh vaults in the menu that appears.
Deleting files from vaults
To begin a wizard that will enable you to expel files from a vault, click Choose Action in the File Encryption territory and after that select Remove files in the drop-down menu.
- You can explore through the wizard using the Next and Back catches. To leave the wizard, click Cancel.
- Select File Vault
- Here you can indicate the vault to expel files from.
- Enter watchword
- On the off chance that you have chosen a bolted vault, you should enter the watchword to open it.
- File Vault Content
- Select the files/folders that will be expelled from the vault.