The password of your macOS client record won’t not coordinate the password of your login keychain. Either make another login keychain or refresh it with your new password.
How to change keychain password on Mac
After you or your Mac manager resets the password of your macOS client account, your Mac may request that you refresh your keychain password or enter the password of your login keychain. It may likewise disclose to you that the framework was not able open your login keychain. That is on the grounds that your login keychain is as yet utilizing your old password. Is your “Keychain password” the same as your “Overseer password”, the one you use to install programming? Or then again do you have a client account a Mac OS X machine where another person is the framework manager?
In case you’re the manager and you’ve overlooked the password to the login keychain and the head password, I am apprehensive you’ve for all time lost the substance of your keychain. Nonetheless, you can recover from the circumstance without reinstalling the whole OS.
To start with, reset the chairman password utilizing the Mac OS X disk:
- Embed the Mac OS X Install disk and restart the PC.
- When you hear the startup tone, hold down the C key until the point when you see the turning gear.
- At the point when the Installer shows up, choose Utilities → Reset Password.
- Take after the onscreen directions to change the password.
- Stop the Installer and restart your PC while holding down the mouse catch to launch the disk.
After the Mac has restarted, you’d typically now need to change the password for the keychain called “login” to coordinate the new administrator password, yet since you’ve overlooked it you’ll have to delete the old login keychain. Do the accompanying advances:
- Open Keychain Access, situated in/Applications/Utilities.
- Choose Keychain List from the Edit menu.
- Select the “login” keychain.
- Snap Delete (the “- ” catch).
The login keychain will now be empty. Whenever the keychain is required you’ll need to physically enter the fitting password and afterward you’ll be inquired as to whether you need to store the password in the keychain.
Create a new Keychain password
On the off chance that you have changed your password and don’t have the foggiest idea about your old one you’ll have to make another Keychain Access.
- Dispatch Keychain Access from Application/Utilities
- From here go to the Keychain Access menu and choose inclinations.
- Tap on Reset My Default Keychain.
At that point enter you login password to validate, at that point quit Keychain Access and it is finished, it’s best to restart the machine to produce full results.