As a standout amongst the most well known web programs these days, Google Chrome likewise offered the Mac release, and it has snatched a specific part available. Chrome for Mac is a lightweight, quick program with numerous augmentations included, yet there are still circumstances when Mac clients choose to uninstall it. They may need to totally uninstall Chrome so to reinstall it effectively, or they simply need to change to another program.
Remove Google Chrome from Mac
To completely dispose of Chrome you should uninstall it from the Applications folder yet in addition delete all Chrome-related information including individual data, treats, augmentations, and so on. So how to uninstall Chrome for Mac splendidly? Here we offer two methodologies for your reference. You can choose the one you get a kick out of the chance to begin.
- Go to the folder containing the Google Chrome application on your PC.
- Tip: It might be in your Applications folder. If not, take a stab at looking your PC for “Google Chrome” (squeeze F).
- Drag Google Chrome into the Trash.
- In the event that you added Google Chrome to your Dock, essentially drag it off the Dock.
On the off chance that you need to delete your Chrome client profile data, similar to your program inclinations, bookmarks, and history from your PC, take after these extra advances:
In the Mac menu bar at the highest point of the screen, click Go.
- Select Go to Folder.
- Sort ~/Library/Google.
- Snap Go.
- Drag the folder GoogleSoftwareUpdate into the Trash.
- Delete Related Files
- Sometimes, the Chrome demonstrations odd as a result of undermined application files. Thusly, it is fundamental to delete related files of the Chrome:
- At the highest point of the screen, click Go > Go to Folder. Enter ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrometo open the folder of Chrome;
- Move the folder to Trash.
Note: The Chrome folder in Library contains data about bookmarks and perusing history of the program. If you don’t mind make a reinforcement of the data that you require before erasing the application files.
- Restart your Mac before reinstalling Google Chrome.
Fully Uninstall Google Chrome from terminal
If you can’t uninstall Chrome, or still have app leftovers on your Mac, try this approach.
Chrome reserve files are put away in two essential areas inside the client folder of OS X, these can be gotten to straightforwardly from the client Library folder or with the Command+Shift+G Go To Folder command, the immediate paths are as per the following:
rm -r /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/ rm -r ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.agent.plist rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/CrashReporter/Google\ Chrome* rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.google.Chrome* rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome/ rm -r ~/Library/Speech/Speakable\ Items/Application\ Speakable\ Items/Google\ Chrome/ rm -r ~/Library/Caches/com.google.Keystone* rm ~/Library/Preferences/Google\ Chrome* rm -r ~/Library/Caches/com.google.Chrome* rm ~/Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/Actives/com.google.Chrome rm -r ~/Library/Saved\ Application\ State/com.google.Chrome.savedState/ rm ~/Library/Google/Google\ Chrome* rm -r ~/Library/Caches/com.google.SoftwareUpdate rm -r ~/Library/Application Support/Google/RLZ
rm -r ~/Library/Google/Google\ Chrome\ Brand.plist rm -r ~/Library/Preferences/com.google.Keystone.Agent.plist